Education & Public Outreach
NASA grantees provide hundreds of programs, activities, events, and resources. Award-winning educational web sites, major exhibitions in museums and science centers, partnerships with minority universities, research projects that allow students and teachers to participate in NASA missions, live webcasts, and public television broadcasts on major science research areas are just a few of the opportunities available.
The success of this program depends, in part, on the scientists and engineers who conduct research for NASA. There are many avenues for participation by scientists and for such contributions to be recognized and acknowledged.
Effective November 24, 2008, Ms. Stephanie Stockman was appointed to the position of SMD Education and Public Outreach (EPO) Lead. In that capacity, Stephanie will be representing an overall evaluation of SMD EPO funding and our strategy, plans and direction. NASA's EPO program within the Science Mission Directorate is very important and we want to make sure it is going in the direction of enhanced productivity.
- In our For Kids section kids can play and explore the Universe around them.
- NASA also has many resources and opportunities for educators.
- Discover exciting undergraduate, graduate and doctoral opportunities at our Student Programs page.
- Find graduate research opportunities.
- Citizen Scientists can learn more about space and how they can support scientific research.