Past Strategy Documents
To provide continuity with past and ongoing efforts, earlier strategy documents are archived and available here.
- (670.9 kB) 2011 NASA Strategic Plan
The NASA Strategic Plan embraces the goals articulated in the Vision for Space Exploration and addresses our strategy for reaching them. To ensure the success of the space program through generations to come, this document outlines simple but compelling goals and a coherent plan to achieve these goals.
- (2.35 MB) SMD Science Plan for 2010
- The 2010 Science Plan identifies the direction NASA has received from the Administration and Congress, advice received from the nation's science community, principles and strategies guiding the conduct of our activities, and challenges we face. The plan that results enables NASA, as Administrator Bolden says, to "do the best science, not just more science.
- (5.1 MB) SMD Science Plan for 2007-2016
The Science Plan for NASA’s Science Mission Directorate emphasizes the identiﬁcation and prioritization of space missions and articulates the research program in detail, as well as describing the research solicitation, advanced technology, data management, and related activities required to achieve NASA’s space and Earth science goals.
- (1.3 MB) Summary of the SMD Science Plan for 2007-2016
A 30 page summary of the Science Plan for NASA's Science Mission Directorate.
- Earth Science Enterprise plans
- Past strategy documents for the former Earth Science Enterprise.
- Space Science Enterprise plans
- Past strategy documents for the former Space Science Enterprise.