A whole lot of shakin' going on
space science news home
A whole lot of shakin'
going on Starquakes lead to discovery
of first new Soft Gamma Repeater in 19
- Magnetar discovery announcement including more details, interviews and more illustrations (May 20, 1998)
- Magnetars.org website
- Soft Gamma Repeaters
- Burst and Transient Source Experiment (BATSE)
- Rossi X-Ray Timing Explorer
- The mysterious gamma ray bursts that still puzzle astronomers
- BATSE.COM web site
- Click on the image at right to download an 272KB Acrobat PDF page combining the two images of SGR 1627-41's location.
- NASA's Office of Space Sciencepress releases and other news related to NASA and astrophysics