Code of Conduct
- All participants are treated with respect and consideration, valuing a diversity of views and opinions.
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
Communicate openly with respect for others, critiquing ideas rather than individuals.
- Avoid personal attacks directed toward other participants.
Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert staff if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
- Respect the rules and policies of the meeting venue.
- Anyone requested to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
Staff may take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund.
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form will not be tolerated.
- Physical or verbal abuse of any participant.
- Examples of unacceptable behavior include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any participant.
- Disruption of panel discussions and lightning talks.
Reporting Unacceptable Behavior
- If you are the subject of unacceptable behavior or have witnessed any such behavior, please immediately notify a staff member.
- Notification should be done by contacting a staff person on site or by emailing your concern to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Anyone experiencing or witnessing behavior that constitutes an immediate or serious threat to public safety is advised to contact 911.