Heliophysics research and exploration aims to explore the Sun-Earth system to understand the Sun and its effects on Earth, the solar system, and the space environmental conditions that will be experienced by explorers, and to demonstrate technologies that can improve future operational systems.
- 2010 Senior Review of the Mission Operations and Data Analysis Program for the Heliophysics Operating Missions
- 2008 Senior Review of the Mission Operations and Data Analysis Program for the Heliophysics Operating Missions
- 2005 Senior Review of Sun-Solar-System Connection Missions Operations and Data Analysis Program
- 2003 Senior Review of the Sun-Earth Connection Mission Operations and Data Analysis Program
- 2001 Senior Review of the Sun-Earth Connection Mission Operations and Data Analysis Program
- 1997 Senior Review of the Sun-Earth Connection Mission Operations and Data Analysis Program
*Sort missions by clicking the column headers.
The Balloon Array for Radiation-belt Relativistic Electron Losses mission is a balloon-based Mission of Opportunity to augment the measurements of NASA's RBSP spacecraft. This mission is part of SMD's LWS program.
The primary goal of the Interface Region Imaging Spectrograph (IRIS) explorer is to understand how the solar atmosphere is energized. The IRIS investigation combines advanced numerical modeling with a high resolution UV imaging spectrograph.
|20130401 April 2013||2Development|
The Magnetospheric Multiscale mission will determine the small-scale basic plasma processes which transport, accelerate and energize plasmas in thin boundary and current layers – and which control the structure and dynamics of the Earth's magnetosphere. MMS will for the first ...
|20150327 March 2015||2Development|
Solar Orbiter is a European Space Agency (ESA) mission to study the Sun from a distance closer than any spacecraft previously has, and will provide images and measurements in unprecedented resolution and detail. This mission is part of SMD's LWS ...
Solar Probe Plus
Solar Probe Plus will be a historic mission, flying into one of the last unexplored regions of the solar system, the Sun’s atmosphere or corona, for the first time. This mission is part of SMD's LWS Program.
Space Environment Testbeds
The Space Environment Testbeds (SET) Project performs flight and ground investigations to understand how the Sun/Earth interactions affect humanity.
|20140101 January 2014||2Development|