NESEC’s GLOBE Observer Team Supports NASA at Home
In March and April 2020, the GLOBE Observer team changed focus to support the NASA at Home initiative.
- Created a GLOBE Observer at Home webpage containing activities that can be done indoors: https://observer.globe.gov/at-home. Content was also provided to NASA for NASA at Home in English and Spanish (for some activities).
- Produced weekly activity or science videos which were distributed on NASA Earth’s Facebook page as video premiers with a reach of nearly one million. Presenters to date include:
- April 2 - Marile Colon Robles (LaRC), Do you know clouds have names? Reached 225,500
- April 9 – Brian Campbell (GSFC), Trees, ICESat-2, Lasers, and Open Altimetry. Reached 244,776
- April 16 – Peder Nelson (Oregon State University), Virtual Expedition: Mapping and Land Cover. Reached 510,927
- Marilé Colón Robles also gave a Spanish version of her presentation for NASA en Español, NASA’s Spanish language Facebook page.