WGBH’S Bringing the Universe to America's Classrooms: Outreach and Promotion
2020 Mars Perseverance Rover Promotion
- Mars 2020 Resource kits from NASA
- Promote Texas State University’s free 1-hour webinar on NASA's Perseverance Mars Rover
- Shared posts about NASA STEM Stars en Español web chat series to promote Spanish language BUAC resources.
- Shared NASA’s countdown, worked with T Minus Zero to embed live feed of the launch on our Facebook page.
- Leveraged #CountdownToMars hashtag to bring awareness to our Bringing the Universe to America’s Classrooms collection resources
- Shared “Perseverance: A Martian Rover to Find Life?” talk from the SETI Institute.
Webinar: NOAA interview with a Scientist and Educator
- Worked with NUSRA / NASA Goddard Office of Communications to coordinate an educator facing interview with Derrick Herndon, scientist at NOAA’s Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies.
- Promoted event to 31,786 educators and crowdsourced questions from the audience.
- Registered Users: 118
- Attendance: 44
- Recording Views: TBD
“Terrific program! I look forward to sharing these resources with my students.”
“Great questions! I'd love to show this to my students.”
“It was great, excited to share the interview when it is available!”