- Learn how to identify distant galaxies and black holes in spectral lines and images collected by the giant Hobby-Eberly telescope.
- Connect with other dark energy enthusiasts through the project Talk forum.
- Time to get started: 5-15 minutes to complete the tutorial.
- Equipment: Web-connected device.
- Knowledge: None. In project tutorial provides all instruction needed.
- Visit the project website.
- Click on the “Classify” tab in the upper right.
- Complete the project tutorial.
- Start looking for ancient galaxies and black holes!
The Dark Energy Explorers YouTube Channel offers even more information from the science team: https://www.youtube.com/@DarkEnergyExplorers.
Credit: NASA/WMAP Science Team
Credit: Dark Energy Explorers