- If you see a landslide happen or visit a fresh landslide site, record its location, date, time, and other details. Take photos and upload them to an image hosting service like Flickr or Imgur.
- Post the information you recorded to the Landslide Reporter web app. Add links to your photos.
- You can also report landslides that others have spotted. Check articles in your local newspaper, online news, and social media.
- View landslide data taken by others and connect with other observers via an email group.
- Time: 10-15 minutes
- Equipment: Web-connected computer or mobile phone; a camera and binoculars are also helpful.
- Knowledge: None. Participants should study the free landslide guides that the project provides.
Connect with us on social media:
Credit: Landslide Reporter Project
Credit: NASA Earth Observatory images by Jesse Allen, using Landsat data from the U.S. Geological Survey.