NASA Heliophysics has delivered supplemental information as input to the 2024 Solar and Space Physics Decadal Survey Committee. The purpose of the deliveries is to provide the Decadal Survey Committee and its panels with programmatic context to inform their discussions and eventual recommendations. These documents contain high-level, non-exhaustive descriptions, and identify where NASA could provide additional information upon request.
The deliveries describe the current state of NASA Heliophysics’ programs, on-going work, and future plans. Some of the documents were promised by the Statement of Task package, some respond to findings and recommendations in the Decadal Survey Mid-term Assessment, and others contain programmatic information that recent decadal surveys suggest that the Committee may request or require.
- Program of Record (PDF)
- Budget [posted Oct. 14 - PDF, 2022]
- Research and Analysis Programs (PDF)
- Space Weather [posted Oct. 14 - PDF, 2022]
- Technology [posted Oct. 14 - PDF, 2022]
- State of the Profession [posted Oct. 14 - PDF, 2022]
- Enabling the Future of Science (PDF)
- Space Situational Awareness/Orbital Debris [updated Feb. 13 - PDF, 2023]
- Human Exploration, Artemis, Moon & Mars (PDF)
- Sounding Rockets, CubeSats, and Balloons [posted Feb. 13 - PDF, 2023]
- Definitions [posted Oct. 14 - PDF, 2022]
- Structures and Implementations [posted Oct. 14 - PDF, 2022]
- Note: This file describes NASA’s view of how the STP, LWS, and Space Weather Programs are distinguished from one another.
- Formulation of NASA Investigations [posted Oct. 14 - PDF, 2022]
- Budget Elements [posted Oct. 14 - PDF, 2022]
Future deliveries to the Decadal Survey Committee will be posted on this page.