The 2017 NASA Earth and Space Science Fellowship Program (for graduate students) has been released. The maximumamount of a NESSF award has been increased to $45,000 per Year. Proposals are due February 1, 2017. For more information see the NASA Earth and Space Science Fellowship 2017 web page on NSPIRES.
- Research Opportunities in Earth and Space Science has been posted at http://solicitation.nasaprs.com/ROSES2016
- ROSES-2016 clarifications, corrections and amendments feed may be found at http://science.nasa.gov/researchers/sara/grant-solicitations/roses-2016/
- Table 2 of all program elements organized by due date may be found at http://solicitation.nasaprs.com/ROSES2016table2
- Table 3 of all program elements organized by subject matter may be found at http://solicitation.nasaprs.com/ROSES2016table3
- The FAQ on whats new in ROSES-2016 may be found at http://science.nasa.gov/researchers/sara/faqs/#1
- And a FAQ on how to redact all salary and overhead from ROSES budgets may be found at http://science.nasa.gov/researchers/sara/how-to-guide/nspires-CSlabor/
- FAQ on what's new in ROSES
- FAQ on data management plans
- FAQ on (not) collaborating with the people's republic of China
NASA Ames Seeks Space Science Division Director
NASA is seeking applicants for the position of Division Chief of the Space Science and Astrobiology Division at NASA Ames Research Center (ARC) in Silicon Valley, California. The ARC Space Sciences and Astrobiology Division is comprised of over 150 scientists and engineers, including nearly 60 civil servants. The Division Chief provides technical and administrative supervision and management for a Division that conducts fundamental research in astrobiology, planetary sciences, and astrophysics. He/she is responsible for the formulation, strategy, advocacy, and direction of the key research, technology, applied sciences, and science-enabling activities pursued by the Division. The incumbent works with and advises the ARC Science Directorate management on the strategic direction and implementation of the Space Sciences and Astrobiology programs at the Center.
The vacancy announcement, AR17D0015, Supervisory Space Scientist, AST, Space Sciences, GS-1330-15, opens on Wednesday, November 30, and will close on Friday, December 16. The vacancy announcement may be found at USAJobs.gov by accessing the link at https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/457765800. All applications must be submitted within USAJobs.gov before the posted deadline. For further information, a contact email is given in the vacancy announcement at USAJobs.gov.