Amendment 78: Roman Mission Research and Support Participation Opportunities (ROSES-D.14) Final Text and Due Dates
Roman Mission Research and Support Participation Opportunities (ROSES-D.14) solicits proposals to work on preparation for the operational phase of the Nancy Grace Roman Space Telescope, in one of three categories:
- Wide Field Instrument Science, which supports investigations that prepare for and/or enhance the science return of Roman that can be addressed with its Wide Field Instrument (WFI);
- WFI Project Infrastructure Teams who will work with the Science Centers to develop scientific infrastructure to pursue Roman’s science goals in cosmology and exoplanet demographics; and
- Coronagraph Community Participation Program for individuals or very small teams to work with the Coronagraph Instrument team to plan and execute its technology demonstration observations.
ROSES-2022 Amendment 78 releases the final text for this program element, which had previously been released as draft for community comment. Notices of Intent are requested by January 20, 2023, and the proposal due date is March 21, 2023.
On or about December 16, 2022, this Amendment to the NASA Research Announcement "Research Opportunities in Space and Earth Sciences (ROSES) 2022" (NNH22ZDA001N) will be posted on the NASA research opportunity homepage at https://solicitation.nasaprs.com/ROSES2022
The programmatic point of contact concerning D.14 Roman Mission Research and Support Participation Opportunities is Dominic Benford, who may be reached at Dominic.Benford@nasa.gov. Technical questions concerning this program element may be directed to Julie McEnery at email@example.com.
This program element is participating in the Inclusion Plan Pilot Program; see Section 4.6. The evaluation of the Inclusion Plan will not be part of the adjectival ratings nor of selection recommendations for this opportunity.
Since the release of the draft solicitation and in response to the many comments and questions received, many changes have been made to this final text that would be too numerous to describe in detail. The substance of the solicitation is unchanged. Several sections have been significantly adjusted, however:
- A brief description of the purpose of this opportunity has been inserted as the beginning of §1.
- Additional topical areas were added to the Coronagraph Community Participation Program in §2.4.2.
- The Document Library section (3.2) is more detailed, and the online document library itself is updated; some material on the notional Roman observing program from §3.3 has been relocated there.
- §3.9 on NASA-provided computing resources has been augmented.
- Section 4 has been reordered for chronological clarity.
- §4.4 has been added to clarify expectations on the description of investigation management.
- §4.6 on the Inclusion Plan has been rewritten.