- Learn to recognize the telltale pattern of clouds in graphed data collected by the Mars Climate Sounder on the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter.
- Look for and mark any cloud signatures you see in data graphs.
- Contribute to the fundamental understanding of Martian clouds.
- Time: ~15 Minutes to complete online training.
- Equipment: Internet connected mobile device or computer
- Knowledge: None. In-project training provided.
Join the Zooniverse Talk forums to learn from peers and scientists, or join our email list to be invited to semi-regular video calls with the project science team. You can access a playlist of recordings of previous project webinars here.
Want to learn the basics about Mars?
- Start here if you like to read or here if you prefer videos.
- Then "visit" Mars in virtual reality with Access Mars, thanks to NASA Jet Propulsion Lab and Google.
- Explore Mars with NASA's Mars Exploration Program.
- Do a deep dive on clouds in the middle atmosphere of Mars.
- Find out the latest news on the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter on the mission website.