Earth Science Advisory Committee
The Earth Science Advisory Committee (ESAC) is a new FACA committee of NASA, and replaces the Earth Science Subcommittee of the NAC SC.
- Sara Tucker, Chair - Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp.
- Lucia Tsaoussi, Executive Secretary – NASA Headquarters
- Indrani Das - Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory (LDEO)
- Belay Demoz - JCET, UMBC
- Venkataraman Lakshmi - University of Virginia
- Jennifer Logan - Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems
- Rowena Lohman - Cornell University
- Beth Plale - Indiana University
- Robert Wright - University of Hawaii
- Lisan Yu - Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- Anastasia Romanou - NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies
- Colleen Mouw - University of Rhode Island
- Daven Henze - University of Colorado
- Jasmeet Judge - University of Florida
- Lucy Hutyra - Boston University
- Nancy Glenn - Boise State University
The ESAC supports the advisory needs of the Earth Science Division (ESD), the Science Mission Directorate (SMD) and other mission directorates as required, and NASA Administrator. The scope of the ESAC includes the advancement of scientific knowledge of the Earth system through space-based observation and the pioneering use of these observations in conjunction with process studies, data assimilation and modeling to provide the Nation with improved capability to: predict climate variability, global change, and weather; mitigate and respond to natural hazards; and improve the scientific basis for policy decisions. In addition to observations and scientific research, the scope encompasses the development of computing and information management capabilities and other enabling technologies, including those with the potential to improve future operational satellite and ground systems.
ESAC Meeting Documents
August 2-3, 2022
November 4, 2021 (Telecon)
October 22, 2020 (Telecon)
March 10-11, 2020
November 14, 2019 (Telecon)
October 4, 2018 (Telecon)
May 29, 2018 (Telecon)
March 14-15, 2018
January 24-25, 2018 (CANCELLED)
October 27, 2017
October 2, 2017
Please direct questions regarding the Earth Science Advisory Committee to Lucia Tsaoussi, Executive Secretary.