Planetary Science Advisory Committee
The Planetary Science Advisory Committee (PAC) is a new FACA committee of NASA, and replaces the Planetary Science Subcommittee of the NAC SC.
- Materials from the predecessor Subcommittee
- PAC Charter
- PAC Designated Federal Officer and Appointments
- Meeting Documents
- Anne Verbiscer, Chair - University of Virginia
- Jonathan Rall, Executive Secretary - NASA Headquarters
- Robin Mihran Canup - Southwest Research Institute
- Lynn Marie Carter - University of Arizona
- Justin Filiberto - Southern Illinois University – Carbondale
- Chris German - Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute
- Justin Hagerty - United States Geological Survey
- Dana Hurley - Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory
- Timothy Lyons - University of California – Riverside
- Amanda K. Mainzer - Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Francis McCubbin - NASA Johnson Space Center
- Aki Roberge - NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- Britney Schmidt - Georgia Institute of Technology
- Rhonda Stroud - US Naval Research Laboratory
The PAC supports the advisory needs of the Planetary Science Division (PSD), the Science Mission Directorate (SMD) and other mission directorates as required, and NASA Administrator. The scope of the PAC includes all aspects of planetary science, scientific exploration of the Moon and Mars, the robotic exploration of the solar system, astrobiology, exoplanet research, space- and ground-based research, technology development, planning, and training required to support these science areas. In addition to scientific research, the scope encompasses considerations of the development of near-term enabling technologies, systems, and computing and information management capabilities, as well as developments with the potential to provide long-term improvements in future operational systems. Responsibility for biological planetary protection is outside the purview of the PAC.
July 2, 2018
February 21-23, 2018
Please direct questions regarding the Planetary Science Advisory Committee to Dr. Jonathan Rall, Executive Secretary.